Chocolate Chip Cookies! Organic, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan-friendly
Oh, yes! They exist! Finding healthy, organic, gluten-free, grain-free, vegan-friendly chocolate chip cookies doesn't have to be the unicorn that so many of our beloved grocery store retailers make it out to be. These guilt-free goodies are simple to make and easily fulfill those mid-day chocolate cravings without tasting like cardboard. All you'll need are your standard cookie making tools, a refrigerator, a few simple ingredients and your Nate's Raw Harvest Chocolate Chip Cookie Baking Mix ( Yes, they are dairy-free).
What you'll need:
- 1 large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Wooden (optional) mixing spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Parchment paper and a baking sheet
- Cookie scoop
- 2 Cups Nate's Raw Harvest Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (firmly packed)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4-1/2 C Maple Syrup or Raw Honey (depending on if you prefer Vegan or Vegetarian)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 2 cups (firmly packed) of Nate's Raw Harvest Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix and 1tsp baking soda with wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pop the mix into a refrigerator for 15 minutes. Letting the mix cool in the fridge gives the coconut flour ample time to absorb the moisture from the oil and honey/syrup and allows for easier handling.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper while the cookies finish resting in the fridge.
- After the 15 minutes are up and your oven is preheated, pull your cookie dough from the fridge (if you're into raw cookie dough, NOW is the time to dive in) and place on the counter next to your prepared cookie sheet.
- Taking a cookie scoop, melon baller or spoon, take 1 tbsp of cookie dough, roll into a ball and place on your cookie sheet. Repeat this with the remainder of the dough, keeping the cookies 2 inches apart when placed on the cookie sheet. Roll the dough quickly and if it becomes too soft place the dough back in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Place the cookies in the preheated oven and bake for 8-10mins or until the tops and bottoms of the cookies are just golden brown. Remove from the oven.
Allow the cookies to cool and ENJOY!
- For thicker, more cake-like cookie, allow the dough to rest up to an hour in the fridge before scooping and baking. For flatter, chewier cookies, add up to 1/2 C coconut oil to the dry mix.
- When storing your cookies, do your best to store them in an air-tight container in a cool place in order to maintain moisture. They should last around 2 weeks when kept refrigerated.
Makes approximately 36 cookies.